Sunday, September 18, 2011

Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch 37


Well this card was fun or a few reasons ...one for one of my fav challenges the MFT Wednesday Stamp club sketch and I am taking the great on line class called Inspirtation Showcase by Jennifer McGuire that I signed up for and I got to use a few of the techniques from day 1 on this card!! For the bodice form at front of card I used the "traditional resist technique" and I used Versamark ink and Tim Holtz distress ink (Aged Mahoganny), the stamp and the die for the sewing form are from MFT "Sew Nifty" set. Then for the two little measuring tapes I used the "quick ink colouring tehcnique" - for this I stamped with black Versafine ink and then emobossed with clear embossing powder and then used distess inks to color them.  For the tan piece behind the sewing bodice I used the "trapped embossed resist technique" - in this method I stamped with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder and then added the distess ink over top and the embossed image resists the ink!! WOW - relearning things I knew and learning some new ideas too!! Fun and a good personal challenge to do it and try to figure out how I can make what I am learning apply to a card right away - trying to make good use of my time!!! Love this paper line from My Minds Eye called Lost and Found - Blush!!! Thought it was perfect for this card!! I also used a few other die-namics from MFT, file tab, scalloped ribbon and fancy flourish. Hope you enjoy!!! If you ever get a chance on line to take a course from Jennifer McGuire - do it!!! (this course is now going so watch for a new one sometime!!)

1 comment:

  1. oh I'm going to have to meet you for coffee to hear all about this online class! Stunning card

    ReplyDelete