Wednesday, March 21, 2012

All That Scraps Review Day

Hello again crafty ones!! Today at the All That Scraps Blog we are reviwing the fun images by Amy Young , the great Spring Logo set and the very FUN Butterfly border ( I love this!!!). I have made a card with the very pretty Sweet November "elf" girl called Paprika and added one of the sentiment circles from the Spring Logo set ...and of course some butterflies cut with the Butterfly border.


When I saw her and thought of making her into a card image, I wanted her to very "ethereal"...very fairy/elf like and just very soft and pretty. Then when I saw the new Basic Grey line, 'plumeria' it was just what I wanted for her!! I have always applied my glitter just using a glue stick but when Jay Jay (one of the design team ladies) showed this tutorial on the ATS blogI decided to try it and used the Glossy Accents and then the Glitter Ritz Cool Highlight glitter - like that it gives more dimension with glossy accents. Now I colored underneath the wings first with V000 and BG90 and I like the effect that I got :)
Here are the copic colors that I used:
Dress: V0000, 000, 01   Eyes: BG93  Wings: BG90, V000   Skin: E00, 50, 51  Hair: E30, 31, 33  and I airbrushed the sky with BG70.
On the inside I had this great rub on from Kaiser that I thought went well with a mishcevious elf...
I thought it was fun!!! Also a little surprise for those of you who read this and live in Calgary I am returning to Scrapbooker's Paradise starting in April to teach again!! I will be teaching the advance copic classes and also a very fun stamping class using all kinds of distress inks and stains...... will post photos of the classes in a few days :)
...now be sure to stop over at the ATS blog and see all the fun eye candy from the DT ladies!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Jeanne! The papers and perfect and her wings really look amazing! I love that sentiment in the inside too, such a great finishing touch!
    Have fun teaching your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A flight of fancy card for sure Jeanne! Paprika is a beauty and lovin' the butterflies in flight!

    ReplyDelete