Monday, January 31, 2011

Fussy and fancy Friday Challenge - A Valentine Card with No Red and No Pink!!


Oh my goodness ... a rare card for me with no copics used!!! Fun to think a very "male" type Valentine's card but fun because when my husband saw the card I made the other day (previous post) for my brother for his birthday - his comment was "I want that card". So thanks for a challenge that got me thinking ahead of time of what kind of card to make my wonderful man!!
Okay lots of Tim Holtz inks and dies used for this one - the bird cage, the heart with wings, the flourish all his awesome dies cut on my Vagabond (that would be my wonderful husband who hunted it down on ebay for me for Christmas!! The papers are from Kaiser "Le Chateau Collection". Some bling even for a guy card is fun to do!! I used a music background stamp on the heart and a script background stamp for the bird cage.
The sentiment is made up on the computer and suits my guy for sure - this is a second marriage after being through some deep hurts and he has definitely unlocked my heart and let it soar!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow love love love this card. Thanks for joining us at fussy and fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge and I love your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS card, love it. Your colour scheme is great. Thanks for joining us this time at Fussy and Fancy. Hope to see you again soon.
    Love Susan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete